Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nathan's First Movie

Last Friday night, we decided to take Nathan to his first movie, "The Princess and the Frog." It was playing at the $1.50 theater, so we thought it would be a perfect time to try out the theater experience...if Nathan didn't like it and wanted to leave, at least we were only out $5.00 :)

I told Nathan that Daddy was going to take us to the movies that night, and that was all he could talk about all day. He was so excited! He kept saying, "Mommy, when do we see the Froggy and the Princess?"



When Wayne got home, Nathan started screaming in excitement and jumping up and down. It was so funny to see him looking so forward to the movie! We first went out to eat and then headed to the theater. When we got to the theater, we got Nathan the snack pack which had popcorn, fruit snacks, and a drink (Hawaiian punch). He looked so cute carrying his snacks.




I am happy to say that Nathan did REALLY well! He stayed in his seat most of the time, and when he got a little antsy, he would walk around in between Wayne and I and take turns sitting on our laps. He even did a good job whispering to us, except for one time when he coughed really hard, and I thought he actually threw up. I asked him if he was ok, and he said (in a louder than normal voice), "I not throw up Mommy, I just burp, excuse me!" Thanks for letting the whole theater know!

Now I can't wait for our next movie outing!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So fun! He's going to love going to the movies from now on. And you do know that each time he goes, he'll HAVE to get that snack pack! I love Nay Nay :-)

Anonymous said...

How could he not LOVE the movies? It's definitely in his genes!!

Lora