Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. My parents, my grandmother, Wayne's mom, and my sister, Jennifer all came over to our house for Thanksgiving lunch. I would have been a little stressed about trying to do a big Thanksgiving lunch with two kids, but we divided everything up, and the only thing I was responsible for was the turkey and mashed potatoes (plus getting the house cleaned, getting the kids cleaned and dressed, getting myself cleaned and dressed, and taking pictures... ha!) Mom brought over the dressing, cranberry salad, and the pies (pecan and pumpkin). Helen brought over a corn casserole, broccoli salad, and rolls. So we definitely had a feast!

Before everyone came over, I wanted to get a few good pictures of Nathan and Charlotte...Nathan wasn't too interested in posing, until I started taking pictures of just Charlotte or just me and Charlotte...






There's my happy boy and his dragon!



Daddy and Nathan


Daddy and Superman (Superman and Spiderman are Nathan's new favorite people!)


Daddy and Charlotte


Now he's cooperating...I didn't bribe him with fruit snacks either :)


Nathan was SOOOOOOO excited for Aunt Jen to come over. The night before, he kept asking when she was going to be here. It was a great way to get him to go to sleep because I told him as soon as he woke up, she'd be here...well that kind of backfired on me because he woke up at 6:45 asking for her!




And here is our beautiful turkey! One of the two things we were responsible for...and we bought it! We decided to try a fried turkey this year (Wayne and I had one several years ago, and it was delicious!) We ordered it from Dickey's BBQ. It looked great, but Wayne and I were a little disappointed in it because it was so spicy! Wayne and I both like spicy food, but even we thought it was too much...at least we tried it, but we're going with a traditional turkey next year.





Grandma with Charlotte


Nathan had to get in the picture too...but instead of posing, he just let Charlotte touch his face. He LOVES to talk to Charlotte, make her smile and laugh, and she loves touching his face. Sometimes Nathan will put his chin up to Charlotte's mouth and let her suck on it :)


Papa and Nathan



Aunt Jen brought Nathan some of Robert's toys that he's outgrown. He LOVES this computer keyboard...I just about died when I heard him say he was checking his email!


I love this picture of Nathan and Grandmother!


All of the girls...four generations!


Not only did we celebrate Thanksgiving, but we also celebrated Mom's birthday which was the day before...Nathan helped me pick out this Christmas village bundt pan from Williams Sonoma...it is so cute because you can make individual cakes in the shape of little houses!



And Papa surprised her with Google TV...it's like having the Internet on your TV! Plus she gets to choose any trip she wants to go on. Wayne and I suggested Hawaii for the whole family :)


After opening presents, it was time for pumpkin and pecan pie, and Wayne introduced Nathan to whipped cream...


But when Nathan got too much in his mouth, Daddy smeared it all over his face...we laughed hysterically, but Nathan didn't think it was too funny :(


Papa and Charlotte

Aunt Jen spent the night with us that night, and I am so happy she did! She completely organized Nathan and Charlotte's closets! I had been meaning to go through all of Charlotte's clothes to get rid of the things she's grown out of and to get down the clothes that are bigger, but the idea of doing it by myself is so overwhelming! But thanks to Jen, both closets are filled with only the clothes that fit, and we found a bunch of outfits for Charlotte that I didn't even know I had!

The next morning, Jen dressed Charlotte up for us to take pictures of her...she's wearing a dress that her little girl, Alexandra (my niece) actually wore when she was a baby 14 years ago! But it still looks brand new!






On Friday night, we went over to Mom and Dad's house for steaks, baked potatoes, and salad. Nathan's favorite part about being over there is playing in the backyard with Cookie, their dog. He even got Papa and Daddy to race with him and Cookie.





My three favorite guys!



And my favorite baby girl!


Not only did we have a great weekend with our family, Wayne and I were also able to get all of our Christmas decorations out and put up PLUS we got all of our Christmas shopping down. We even got all of the presents wrapped! What a huge relief!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. Having those sweet kids makes us all so happy. Mother looks so happy when she is with Nathan and Charlotte. Love, Mama, Papa, and Cookie