Friday, December 16, 2011

Charlotte's First Time Out

Charlotte is very sensitive! When we tell her "No" she usually stops what she's doing and puts her head down. Or she cries because it hurt her feelings. So we haven't had to put her in actual time out yet. Well, last night I was fixing dinner while Nathan and Charlotte played in the kitchen. I heard Nathan say, "Charlotte, we don't throw our toys. Now go to time out." When I heard him say that, I pretended like I wasn't really paying attention, but really I was! It was so funny! Charlotte walked to the other side of the kitchen and sat down facing the wall. I couldn't believe she actually did it! Nathan stood next to her for a few seconds and then said, "Ok little girl, you can get up now." She stood up and looked at him. Nathan kneeled down and said, "Tell me why you went to time out." She just stood there, and he said, "Did you throw your baby?" She nodded yes, and then he said "Tell me you're sorry and give me a hug." And she hugged him! It was so funny because he mimicked just what we say and do with him when he goes to time out! And then he decided to take it a step further. He took her babies and said, "I have to take these away for the day, but you can have them later." And he put her dolls up on the bookshelf! He sure is taking this big brother role seriously! At least she knows what time out is now!

1 comment:

LORA said...

Oh, my gosh! That is so-o-o funny. I wish I could have seen that.

I know that Christmas is going to be such a joy this year. The kids are at perfect ages to be mesmerized by just everything. I hope you all have a great holiday season!

Much love,

Lora