Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

I know I'm late getting this posted, but it has been a whirlwind of activities around here! I'll post about those later! Thanksgiving was such a wonderful weekend with a full house! We had 9 adults, 4 kids, 2 dogs, and one unborn baby! Charlotte wore a dress that Mama made for her, and she and Nathan posed for Mommy. I thought they both looked so sweet. We had the traditional food for Thanksgiving, and I know it's hard to believe, but I cooked our turkey myself! And it was actually really good! I also made the mashed potatoes and Mac and Cheese for the little ones (just call me Martha Stewart!) Helen made a broccoli salad that I absolutely love plus she brought over a chocolate pie...I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I think we ate it too fast. Mom made the dressing and two pies (pecan and pumpkin). Plus we had a bunch of rolls. What else could you ask for? Nathan and Charlotte were in Heaven having Alexandra and Robert around. I loved that we could all be together.





Charlotte, Nathan and Grandmother







Our family got up bright and early because we had a lot to do to get ready for our guests. And by the time we were ready for lunch and had the rest of the family come over, Charlotte was tuckered out!


Alexandra, Jen, Robert, and a little cutie who popped into the picture

Grandma and Nathan

Me, Carrie, and Pearce

And Jen in the middle

Papa delivering the yummy pies


Grandma with Sleeping Beauty








After eating our wonderful meal, we stuffed ourselves even more with dessert: 3 pies plus a birthday cake! We also celebrated Mama and Alexandra's birthdays.








Nathan liked the plain whipped cream the best.



Charlotte fell asleep before everyone got to my house, woke up long enough to have a little sampling, and then went back to sleep. We think she was coming down with something.


I guess Carrie and Wayne were sick too...or just stuffed!




The next day, we had a "girl's day out." Me, Carrie, Jen, and Alexandra tried out a new shop by my house. It's called the Dry Bar. They serve you drinks, wash your hair, and then you pick a new hair style from a menu. We had so much fun, and I loved my new curly look! It was called the Cosmopolitan :)









1 comment:

Carrie said...

That was sooo fun! Although, I don't quite know how I feel about that picture of me snoozing :)