Monday, December 26, 2011

Dallas Arboretum

Last week Mama and I took Nathan and Charlotte to the Arboretum. Mom and I wanted to see the little house they have there...it had tons of Christmas decorations, and most of them had a Fairy Tale Theme. When we got there, Nathan got so excited to see Snow White! Charlotte was too shy to take a picture, but Nathan went right up to her. He told me that she came home from Disney World :)

Before we went to see the house, we got a bite of lunch. It was pretty chilly that day so we ate inside in one of the dining rooms. We were the only ones in there so Nathan and Charlotte had so much fun running around and playing while Mom and  I had a nice time eating. After lunch, we did a little walking around, and the big excitement of the day for Nathan was that a bobcat ran right in front of us!  He always hears Papa telling about bobcats that he sees where he lives, so when he saw one himself, he was so excited! We actually followed it a bit until it ran into the woods.

When we got to the little house, it was so pretty! Every room was decorated with tons of Christmas things: trees, villages, garland, lights, all sorts of things! At first Charlotte was wanting to touch things and climb onto the furniture. We told her "No, No" and she was really good about leaving everything alone. Nathan, on the other hand, likes to push the envelope a bit. I told him not to touch any of the decorations and figurines. He would say, "Mommy, I'm just pointing to them to show you." He would get his finger as close to it as he could, and then I'd see it tip just a tad. I'm sure his little finger prints are all over that house!

After looking at the decorated house, we found another little house for Nathan and Charlotte to play in...they loved it!




























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pics are adorable! Looks like you all had a great time. I haven't seen your blog in a while,s o I thought it was time to visit again. Miss you all.
Love,
Aunt Missy

Anonymous said...

We had such a great day at the arboretum. Nathan likes the "field" that is the main large lawn with flowers all around. Charlotte just likes to climb up and down the stairs...and remember the little bobcat we saw in the wooded area? I think he was looking for his Mommy. It will be picnic weather soon and we can take our blanket and a ball and spend the whole afternoon there. Love my babies, Mama

LORA said...

I remember how much Nathan likes Snow White! I think it was magical that she was at the Arboretum for him to see again. The pictures are just so cute!

Lora

Carrie said...

Everyone looks so cute! I can't wait until Pearce and I can join y'all on your little field trips!!