Monday, August 26, 2013

Ballet Camp

Every mommy can't wait for their daughter to start dance. There is nothing cuter than seeing a little girl in ballet shoes, tights, and a leotard! My friend Alison, told me about a dance day camp that was being offered at the studio that her older daughter takes dance. It was a Cinderella themed day for girls aged 3-6 and was from 9:30-12:00. I thought this would be the perfect thing for Charlotte to try to see if she really enjoyed it before we signed her up for REAL dance lessons. I also passed along the info to Charlotte's friend, Audrey (who was in Charlotte's class last year) to see if she would want to do it with Charlotte. Her mom loved the idea so we got both girls signed up. I already had the leotard and tights but needed to get ballet shoes (every time I said ballet SHOES, Charlotte always corrected me and said, Mama calls them ballet SLIPPERS) Ok, so we needed to get ballet slippers. Charlotte was so excited when we bought them and wanted to wear them for 2 days straight! That's a good sign!

On the morning of the camp, we got all dressed, and of course she looked ADORABLE! Nathan and I took her to her class and met Audrey and her mom there. I was worried that Charlotte might cry, but she was happy to be with her friend. I dropped her off and went to Alison's house so Nathan and Trevor could play, and we could visit. At 11:30, we all went back to the dance studio to watch the "performance" that the kids learned. They were so cute! They each got to wear big pink tutus and silver crowns. It was all very simple, but so much fun to watch! There were a few times that Charlotte was supposed to turn, but she just stood there, and Nathan would call out and say, "Turn Charlotte!" I just about died laughing! Afterwards, Nathan and Trevor gave her big hugs, and she told us she had a lot of fun. Now I need to sign her up!!!







No comments: