Saturday, August 10, 2013

Nathan's Karate Birthday Party

My baby boy is almost 6 years old! I honestly can't believe it! I have been having a hard time realizing that Nathan is turning 6 and about to start Kindergarten. The "baby" part is over, and time is going by too fast for me. Plus, Nathan, Charlotte, and I really do love being together and doing things together, so it makes me sad to think that the summer is almost over and he's about to be a big boy starting school. But then again, it will be nice to have some free time. But I know I'm going to worry about him. But then I won't have to listen to Nathan and Charlotte fighting...I'm so torn! There are pros and cons to Nathan growing up and starting school! I just need to enjoy every moment. Wayne completely made me sad the other night though when he said, "You know what I just thought of?" 
"What?"
"Nathan's time at home with us is 1/3 of the way over. Then he'll be 18 and going off to college." 
"Thanks for that happy thought Honey." 
Wayne and his statistics drive me crazy sometimes. 
Anyway, back to Nathan's party. So his real birthday is August 13, but so many of his friends were going to be out of town the weekend right before his birthday, so we had an earlier party than we had originally planned. And then we'll have a family party with Mama, Papa, and Grandmother on his actual birthday.

Nathan had a boys only karate party, and it was a wild one! Almost all of his friends were able to come, and Nathan was so excited to see everyone there. He was a little shy at first when he met the instructors but soon warmed up and had the best time. The boys played a few games at first, then had a mini lesson to learn some karate kicks and punches, and then a lesson on stranger danger. Plus pizza, capri suns, and cake.

Nathan was so excited when he got to learn a karate kick and break a board, AND cut his cake with a real samurai sword! It was so cool! For party favors, we handed out inflatable swords, so the instructors let the kids go wild with them at the end of the party. It was crazy!

Charlotte, Skylar, and one other little sister stuck together playing "doggy" and having fun on their mommies' phones. I really loved this place and how special they made Nathan feel. I also loved that all of Nathan's friends were so happy to be there with him. 
















































1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh Nathan, I wish I could have karate chopped a board! That looks like your best party yet. I can't wait to give you your birthday present from us!!