Thursday, May 21, 2015

Subbing With Nay Nay

I am getting myself back in the groove of teaching! Eventually I'll go back full time, but for now, I have been subbing. I mainly try to sub at Nathan's school but I've also subbed at a couple of other Lewisville schools. I love being at Nathan's school though because we go there together and I see him during the day and then we come home together. Thank you to Grandmother, Mama and Papa, for helping me with Charlotte when I sub!!! On this day, I actually subbed in Nathan's class. His dual language class is divided into two groups: red and blue, and they alternate days so that one group gets Spanish one day and the other gets English and then vice versa. Well, Sra. Chau asked me to sub for her but said it would be with the other group. And that was fine because I'd still see Nathan a bunch. But it turned out that she got the groups mixed up and his group was actually going to be my class! When Nathan found this out, he was beyond excited! Wayne and I pretty much threatened him with his life that he better be good and not show off for his friends. He was an angel. He was so sweet and helpful. All of the kids were really good for me, and it was fun to be with his friends and see how they really are. Nathan told me I did a good job teaching but that I was a tiny bit too strict...ok, good! That means I did a great job! I'll be back at his school on Friday but in 2nd grade. If only I could get a job there! How wonderful would that be?!


No comments: