Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Weekend

I'm not sure why, but Nathan LOVES the laundry room. If I leave the door open just a crack, he finds his way to it and in he goes. He could be in the living room playing with me and then all of a sudden he crawls away. When I follow after him, he's making his way into the forbidden room. It's like he can sense I forgot to close the door all the way! Anyway, on this day, I was fixing Nathan (and me) a snack and I heard him crawl away from his toys...this is what I found.


I snuck up on him! He was playing with the trash can again :)


So I thought, since he loves this room so much, why not put him to work? I would give him clothes from the washing machine, and showed him how to put them in the dryer. It worked! I thought , wow this is great!


But then he started taking out what we put in. I spent the next few minutes chasing him around trying to get the wet socks from him. I guess he is a little too young for chores, but at least I tried.


Later that night, Nathan, Wayne, and Doggy settled on the couch to watch the closing ceremony of the Olympics.


Nathan had a cracker to munch on and now loves sharing his food.


"You can have a bite Daddy."


"And you too, doggy."


And I'm a bit jealous of this, but Wayne has taught him how to give kisses! He always gives them to Wayne! It's more like an open mouth lick, but still so sweet. I get them every once in a while. Sometimes though, I think I smell cherry chapstick on Nathan's lips after his kisses, so that might be Wayne's trick :)


Also that night, Nathan had bananas (nanas as he calls them) after his dinner. He's so smart because he was trying to eat them with a fork! That's smart for a 1 year old :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awwww, does Nate like playing with the trash can? I think I might have the most perfect gift for him! I'll try to remember to get it for him tomorrow. Love you, Nate!!!!