Friday, April 24, 2009

A Day at the Arboretum

Mama, Nathan, and I spent the day together last week. We had brunch at Le Peep and then headed to the Arboretum. Nathan was a good little boy during brunch and used his sweet manners. Every time the waitress brought us something, he said "thank you" to her! And when she finally brought us our food, Nathan said "YES!" really big and nodded his head over and over. I guess the little guy was really hungry...he ate most of his food, plus he helped himself to our food. On our way out, Nathan said "Bye-Bye" to all of the other customers.

The Arboretum was beautiful, and it was the perfect day. Nathan loved looking at all of the flowers, but what he loved most was running around and chasing any animal he saw!
















These next pictures are funny because they show Nathan in action:
Nathan's getting his running start...
Going...
Going...
Gone! "Bye Mommy!"
Nathan also met a few friends that he enjoyed playing with :)
And this is what he does when he wants an animal to come to him...usually he kneels while holding his hands like this and says "Here doggie, doggie."
"These grapes are still clean aren't they?" Next we headed to the huge water fountains. I prepared myself to let Nathan run through it if he wanted to, but luckily he was fine with just sticking his hands in the water and watching the other kids get soaked!











Here he goes dropping his snacks again. I guess he likes to feed the birds.
And himself. He just doesn't get the concept that once something falls on the ground, you shouldn't eat it.

Once again, Nathan found more friends to play with.

Here are a couple of videos of Nathan doing what he loves most...running!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful spring day together. What more could anyone want? We love being outside and in such a beautiful place with my sweet baby and precious grandbaby..heaven. Love, Mama

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

I love Nathan. I may kidnap him the next time I come to town :)

Carrie said...

Hey, I want to go to the Arboretum with you!!!! Maybe we can go the next time I come to visit you!

~Auntie Carrie