Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Carnival


Last weekend, Nathan and I went to Austin to visit Carrie. Chris was out of town and her school was a having a Halloween Carnival. So the three of us spent the weekend together, and Auntie Carrie loved showing off Nathan to all of her friends at school!



As soon as we got there, Carrie had a juice box and lunch waiting for him.



I know this picture is dark, but the lights in the gym weren't on yet. Nathan and I went with Carrie to pick up her first grade class from recess and take them to PE. Nathan joined the line like he was one of the students!



Nathan and his friend were such good line leaders!



While the kids were in PE, Nathan made himself right at home in Carrie's classroom. It was like being in a toy store for him!



When the kids got back, they were excited to see their little friend still in the room. Carrie's class was so sweet to Nathan, and he acted like a big boy for all of them.



Friday was Show and Tell Day, and boy did Nathan like seeing all of the toys brought for the day!



When we got home after school, we changed clothes and took a walk down the street to see the "Spooky House" in Carrie's neighborhood.





Then we went out to eat to our favorite restaurant...Luby's! Carrie and I LOVE cafeterias! Nathan ate macaroni and cheese, a roll, fruit, and half of our chocolate pie. We then came home, put on our pj's and watched a few cartoons before bed.



Nathan totally took over Otis's bed...Otis was a good sport though :)

The next morning, I got to sleep in a bit and get ready on my own while Carrie took Nathan to McDonald's for breakfast and to play.


"Pam-cakes are my favorite Auntie Carrie!"




And after a quick nap, it was time to get Nathan's costume on and head to the Halloween Carnival at Carrie's school. There was a petting zoo, bounce houses, games, food, train rides, and tons more. Nathan had so much fun!





It's Wilbur!





Nathan enjoyed the Karaoke!

The two bounce houses were so much fun, but the only problem was that Nathan never wanted to get out...and it's a little hard to chase and catch 2 year old on an inflatable!



Nathan wanted to get his face painted, and picked out a pumpkin as his choice. We told him he had to be really still.

Auntie Carrie pretty much had him in a head lock :) He was really good, except for one time, when he turned to say something to the girl painting...

Here's the end result...see where he turned his head? Next, we went to see the fire truck. The last time Nathan had the chance to see a fire truck, he was scared and wouldn't get on it. But this time, he didn't want to get off of it!


"Why, thank you Mr. Fireman :)"



My little cowboy posing in front of Auntie Carrie's house.

"Thank you Auntie Carrie for a fun weekend! I love you!" We had so much fun, especially Nathan. He was so talkative and sweet to everyone we met and made me so proud. I know Carrie loved showing him off too!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! I had so much fun with you (mommy, too)!!! I loved your cowboy costume. You were such a good little boy that weekend. Weren't the baby animals so cute? I was a little sad when you left. Next time I see you, we'll go to your favorite place...TARGET! I love you!

~Auntie Carrie

Carrie said...

Nathan, I like playing with you. You are my friend. You are nice to me. Thank you for giving me some of your food. I love you.

Love,
Otis