Thursday, October 22, 2009

Texas State Fair

Last weekend, we took Nathan to the fair and had the best time! I hate to admit it, but the real reason I was looking forward to going, was the food!


My plan was to keep Nathan in his stroller as long as we could so that we could easily maneuver through the crowd.


But Nathan and Daddy agreed that Nathan was a big boy and could walk on his own as long as he held Daddy's hand. So I pretty much pushed the stroller carrying my purse, while Nathan trotted along next to his Daddy. Every time we stopped to get a snack or get more coupons, Nathan stuck right next to Wayne, and when we started walking again, he would say, "Hold Daddy's hand" very seriously while nodding his head :)


"Daddy, I smell popcorn!"


When we first told Nathan we were taking him to the fair, he kept saying, "See animals!" I think he thought the fair was like the circus because we told him that yes, we'd see animals there, but Nathan kept asking to see elephants and tigers. We were surprised to see animals other than just farm animals in the big barn. Here's a giraffe!


And a camel!


This camel almost kissed Nathan! He was a little unsure of it.


Nathan loved petting and feeding the goats. We also saw zebras, ostriches, cows, baby pigs, and more!


After seeing all of the animals, we stopped to watch the parade.


Then it was time for rides! Our first ride was this Choo-Choo train. I rode with him, and he smiled and laughed the whole time, but he would never look at me to take a picture! He kept holding on like he might fall off, and wanted me to hold on too :)

Nathan was a little too short to go on the other rides without one of us...except for this one! It's the swings that turn in a circle and swing you out. I was actually really nervous to let him go on this by himself. I mean he loves to swing, but what if he gets scared once it starts going and tries to get out?
But I was wrong! He loved it! After riding it the first time, we tried to find some more rides that he could do on his own, but all he wanted to do was ride the swings over and over. What a big boy! Next year, will be really fun because he'll be able to do a lot of the rides on his own...that will be expensive too!

Here are some videos:

We had so much fun! Oh and we definitely left with our tummies full: corn dogs, cheeseburgers, popcorn, root beers, dippin dots, funnel cakes, and nachos!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so jealous you went to the fair, Nathan! I love eating all of the junk food. It looks like the swings were lots of fun, too!

~Auntie Carrie