Friday, October 9, 2009

More Camping Pictures...

Here are some more pictures from my camera of our camping weekend two weeks ago. As soon as Nathan and I got there (it was a 3 hour drive), Nathan was ready to stretch his legs and run around. He walked around exploring the cabin and helped Mommy unpack the car. As soon as Jack and Olivia arrived, that was the end of the help! They went wild chasing each other and playing in every room of the house. Their favorite room was off of the room Wayne and I stayed in. It was a small attic room that got tons of use from all the kids!


After stomping around upstairs in the attic room, the group moved downstairs to the tent that Jack brought.

I wanted to take a picture of all of them inside, but Jack was the only one who would pose!

"Jack, where are you?!"

While we waited for Robin, Derrick, and Willow to arrive, Jack and Nathan decided to explore the wilderness outside.

"I want a stick like Jack's :("

"Oooooh, I got a leaf in my butterfly net!"

Who wants popcorn?!

I think this may have been one of the only times, all three kiddos were sitting still.

Once Willow arrived, it was time for dinner. The guys grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for us. I was so happy to see Nathan dig in!

Here they are having one last hoorah before bed. They are so funny...they thought it was the most fun to jump on these two pillows, run into each other, and fall down.

The next morning, we had a yummy breakfast of pancakes (banana and plain) eggs, fruit, and sausage. Before heading out for our morning activities, Nathan and his friends played on the porch collecting leaves and rocks.

"Ok Daddy, I won't throw rocks anymore...I'm sorry."


We finally got everyone packed up and headed to the lake area where they hay, horse, and train rides!

Olivia, Jack, and Nathan waiting for their turn to ride the Choo Choo train.

Hi Miss Willow!

Nathan and Daddy on the train.

What a cute family! Nathan LOVED the train ride. He actually got a little tired and I thought he might even fall asleep!

After riding the train, Wayne took Nathan to look at the horses again and then it was off to the paddle boats!

The Relles went with us to ride paddle boats while Olivia and her family rode the horses and Willow and her family did a little sight seeing. Nathan and Jack had to put on their life jackets to be safe.

Nathan had a bit of a meltdown (fit) after getting his life jacket on. I guess it was a bit restricting :) After throwing himself down on the dock and just laying there for a minute, he was up and ready to ride in the boat!
Here we are paddling our boat...which totally killed my legs! I felt like I had a huge workout after this boat ride!
Nick, Jack, and Jennifer

I love it when Nathan is tired and is so cuddly!

"Daddy, paddle harder so we can see those turtles over there!"

After riding horses and paddle boats, we met up with the McWilliams and had a picnic.

Nathan and Jack saw this grassy area with swings and couldn't get over there fast enough!

Nathan is swinging on a big boy swing! This is the first time he's ever been on a big swing for more than one push (and without me holding onto him while I barely push him). Leave it to Daddy to get him to the next level! He actually did a really good job balancing himself and hanging on!

After naps (for ALL of us) we had a huge dinner of steaks, chicken, green beans, corn on the cob, and fruit. And for dessert, we had SMORES! The guys built a fire in the fire pit which mesmerized the kids. The sat in the swing while the guys worked. Nathan loved the smores and ate a whole one...I won't tell you how many I ate...it was a ridiculous amount!
Right before the fire was built, Nathan and Jack spent some time on the swing by themselves. Angela took this picture and I love it! They are both showing their cute little tummies!
After eating smores and putting the kids to bed, the adults stayed up late and played The Newlywed Game. Jennifer bought it YEARS ago and has been saving it for us to play. For some reason, every time we get together, we have the intention of playing it never do. So we were determined not to let this opportunity get away from us again! We had so much fun!


"Mommy, do we have to leave?" We had the most fun, and I really was sad to go. I loved spending the weekend with such good friends, and I especially loved watching Nathan have fun. Since we successfully planned a camping weekend, I say we bump it up a notch and plan a beach trip!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness....my baby boy is so darn cute! I loved the pic of him and Jack playing with their tummies. So cute!