Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Weekend with Baby Pearce

Last week Nathan, Charlotte, and I went to Austin to visit Auntie Carrie and Baby Pearce. We went down on Wednesday to spend a few extra days with them, and then Wayne drove down Friday to spend the rest of the weekend. Nathan and Charlotte were so excited to see their cousin, and I couldn't wait to see what they thought about him. Before we left, Nathan practiced holding Charlotte's baby dolls to show us that he knew how to hold a baby. And since Charlotte LOVES her babies, I knew she would be in Heaven having a REAL baby to love! 

When we first got there, they wasted no time! When Charlotte first saw Pearce, she squealed and ran over to him and said "Baby! Baby!" She and Nathan both gave him kisses in his swing and then wanted to hold him. Carrie waited to feed him so that we could give him his bottle. Charlotte was such a good little mommy when she gave him his bottle. I couldn't believe how much the two of them kept wanting to hold Pearce. I pretty much had to beg to get them to give me a turn as you can see in one of the pictures below...





I finally get him, and they are having a fit over who gets him next!

When Uncle Chris got home, he was Nathan's playmate. They read stories, played on the I Pad, and Nathan eventually fell asleep in Pearce's glider. 



The next day, we got the kids all dressed up for a mini photo session. Nathan and Charlotte helped me get Pearce all dressed up. Nathan was the paci holder, and Charlotte was in charge of wipes and handing me the diaper.


   








Friday was a fun day for me! After getting everyone dressed and fed (and taking more pictures of course) Carrie took Nathan and Charlotte to lunch at McDonalds and then to a bounce place while I stayed home with Pearce. After having two toddlers running around all day long and always needing something, keeping Pearce was a breeze! I got to hold him and cuddle him for the whole day!











We had such a wonderful weekend. Wayne and I loved seeing Carrie, Chris, and Pearce and we cant wait until we see everyone again!






1 comment:

Carrie said...

COME BACK SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!