Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine Surprise

On Valentine's Day night, Wayne really surprised me! I wasn't expecting anything big at all. Wayne called me and told me that he was coming home early and would pick up dinner for us. Me not having to get dinner ready was wonderful, and I was completely happy with that! When he got home, he called Nathan out to the garage, and I thought, "Oh that's so cute, he's having Nathan write his name on a card." Nathan came back in and told me and Charlotte that we had to wait for him and Daddy in my room. I still wasn't expecting anything except that maybe Nathan wanted to get his crayons out and decorate my card. So Charlotte and I went to my room, and we were in there for a good 10 minutes. Finally, Nathan comes in and says (in a very grown up voice) "Could you please come to our restaurant?" He takes me by the hand and leads me into the kitchen where the lights are off, candles are lit, Wayne is in an apron, and food is set out on the bar! It was the cutest thing ever! They both take turns talking in this corny "waiter" voice welcoming Charlotte and I to their restaurant, asking us what we'd like to drink, calling us their girlfriends, waiting on us hand and foot, and it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Wayne told me that he and Nathan had planned this the other night and that it was Nathan's idea to cook me dinner. We had an appetizer of potato chips and french onion dip, ravioli for our main course, bread, wine, and apple juice!

And then Daddy surprised ALL of us by giving us each a Valentine card and a present! Nathan got a Lite Brite, Charlotte got a set of dress up clothes (tiara, clip-on earrings, necklace, wand, and shoes!) and Mommy got a gift card to Soma! This was by far the best Valentine's Day ever. Wayne was so thoughtful, and I loved how he made it such a family event. Thank you to my boyfriends!!!!












2 comments:

Carrie said...

Daddy and Nathan are such charmers for their ladies! I love Charlotte's dress up clothes!!!

Anonymous said...

It is just one celebration after the other at your house. Nathan could be in the restaurant business...the ladies would love all that special attention. They would love his tierra too. Love and Laughing Mama, and Papa