Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I'm 30!

Yesterday was my birthday, and I'm 30 years old! I had a great birthday too. We went to dinner at Patrizios with our friends, Jennifer and Nick and their baby Jack. It was so good. And then Saturday, Wayne is throwing a party for me. I can't wait! But the best part of the day was that I had a sonogram and got to see Nathan. My appointment was with my high risk doctor. I love his sonograms because I get a video tape of it, and the sonogram is so much more clear than the regular sonogram. We saw his chubby cheeks, and he was sucking on his tongue! He looked so cute. After Dr. Jimenez did all of his measurements, he estimated that Nathan is already around 7 1/2 lbs and 21 inches long! He is a big, healthy boy. So by the time he's born, he'll probably be around 8 1/2 lbs and 21 1/2 inches long. Because of his size, Dr. Griffith is recommending a c-section. Wayne and I are fine with that. We just want Nathan to be born safe and sound. Dr. Griffith went ahead and scheduled it, but said that as we get closer if we decide against a c-section, that would be ok. But after hearing Dr. Jimenez's estimate, I think a c-section is going to be the way to go. So next Thursday, the 16th, is the big day. We have to be at the hospital at 11:00 a.m., and the c-section is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. I'm so excited. I just wish these days would hurry up and go by!!!! Two milestones in one month...turning 30 and having a baby...life is perfect.

No comments: