Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Trip to the Zoo

Nathan had his first trip to the zoo yesterday. We went to the Ft. Worth Zoo with Marla and Kelly, Julie and Ella, and Angela and Brock. The weather was perfect! It was a little chilly, but the kids loved it!

Kelly, Ella, and Brock hanging out.


Nathan got in a little cat nap before perking up to see all of the animals.


"I woke up Mommy!"


I love this carrier! We started out walking around the zoo in the stroller, but Nathan wanted to see more so I put him in his Snuggli. He was so alert in the beginning but then of course, by the time I decided to get our picture taken, he had fallen asleep. He is definitely my child...he loves his sleep!


A trip to the zoo isn't complete without a ride on the Merry Go Round. I held Nathan while we went around. He loved it! When the horse went up and down, Nathan's eyes go so big! He just smiled and smiled the whole time. I, on the other hand, got a little dizzy holding on to him and going around and around!


After the Merry Go Round, we took a ride on the train. We had already walked all around the zoo so we decided to be lazy and take the train back to the entrance. I definitely got my exercise that day!


Here's a group shot on the train.


Time to go home! The zoo was a success! We had the best time, and we wore the kids out. I was in desperate need of a nap when we got home, but Nate had already taken his naps. He was ready to play...ALL AFTERNOON LONG!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just spent a little too much time looking at those pictures....I should've been teaching! Nate's gonna get me in trouble! What a CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

so cute!! I still can't believe those eyelashes:)