Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Week of Relaxation

Nathan and I went back to the lake with my parents the Sunday before Thanksgiving. We stayed the week while we waited for everyone to join us for Thanksgiving. My parents' lake house is such a relaxing and calming place...plus all they wanted to do was help out with Nathan. It was wonderful to see them bond, and wonderful for me to take naps!!!

Mama and Nathan on the screen porch looking at the birdies. "Mama, it's just a birdie...haven't YOU seen a birdie before? Now where's my milk?"


Mom, Nathan, and Grandma. This was the first time my grandmother had seen Nate. Of course, she thought he was absolutely precious! And Nathan just adored her the minute he saw her. He just kept smiling at Grandma!


One of our favorite things to do is to lay Nate down and watch him kick his legs. "Hey Mama and Grandma, can your legs do this?"


Monday evening, my sister, Jennifer and her family came to the lake. Alexandra and Robert went straight for the baby when they got there! They were both so sweet with him and loved taking care of him.


Here is Alexandra putting on Nathan's pajamas and getting him ready for bed.


Bad hair day!


Later that night, Daddy made us a fire in the fire pit, and we roasted hot dogs for dinner.


"I wanna roast a hot dog too."


While at the lake, we celebrated Mom and Alexandra's birthdays.


This is the sweater set that Jen knitted for Nathan. She made him a sweater, bonnet, mittens, booties, and a blanket! Isn't it so sweet?! I couldn't believe she made it all. He was so warm and cozy in it.

No comments: