Thursday, October 23, 2008

Visiting Grandmother

Last weekend was very exciting for the Parnell family. We went to El Dorado to visit Grandmother and to get her house ready to sell! She's moving to Dallas! Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that her house sells soon so that Nathan can be with both sets of grandparents whenever he wants...and whenever Wayne and I want :)


Grandmother, Nathan, and Daddy swinging on the back porch. Sorry about the shadows on Helen and Wayne, but I guess you could say that Nathan is stealing the spotlight :)


"Daddy, I can't wait for Grandmother to move! I'd help pack, but it's more fun for me to take everything OUT of boxes, not put stuff in."


While Wayne and Helen were planning her move, Nathan and I went around town to visit some friends. Our first stop was my friend, Kerri's house. We went to high school together and still keep in touch. This is her daughter, Caroline, on the right and her friend.


Nathan made himself right at home in Caroline's tree house. He even took a little snack break while Kerri talked to him.


Nathan never met a dog he didn't like, and this one was the perfect size for him!


"I wonder when Daddy will build me a tree house?"


"Mommy, let's go back to Miss Kerri's house for some more snacks."

After we played at Kerri's house, Nathan went home to take a nap and then we went to visit more friends. Here is Nathan with Linda Hall, one of my mom's friends from El Dorado.

Me, Nate, Sarah, and Laura. Sarah and I also went to high school together, and she is expecting a baby soon! It just happened that we were all home at the same time visiting our families! Nathan was so cute and was in the best mood. He was his usual, happy self! It was really fun to be able to see Grandmother and show Nathan off to my friends.

Nathan couldn't get enough of this swing! Plus, he wanted to be everywhere Grandmother was. We can't wait to have her with us for good!!!

No comments: