Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Jack!


Last weekend was a weekend packed full of fun! We had the Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and then went to Jack's 2nd birthday party on Sunday. Nathan had so much fun because it was at his favorite place...Gymboree! I was a little worried about his mood though because he didn't eat lunch, although I tried to fix him something, and then he woke up early from his nap. He started out being in a great mood, but did have a couple of fits...which I'll describe later :)


As soon as we walked in, Nathan went right to his favorite slide! Every time we go to Gymboree for our class, he has to go on this slide a few times before he joins the rest of his friends.


Here is Nathan with the birthday boy, Jack!



What was so much fun about this party, is that the kids were able to play on their own, but then their teacher would bring them together every once in a while to do a group activity. Nathan participated with the group a few times, but was more into doing his "own" thing. Which leads me to my embarrassing moment. The teacher brought out the air log, and Nathan LOVES the air log so I knew he'd have fun doing whatever activity she had planned. Well, the kids were supposed to walk on it and then jump off at the end. Nathan kept pulling me towards it because he wanted a turn. So once it was his turn, I put him up on it, but then he started crying and trying to get out of my arms. Okaaayyy, so you don't want to do it. I put him down, but then he started crying and screaming again and acting like he wanted to go back. When I tried it again, he did the same thing.! Plus he turned all "noodley" on me, and I couldn't even get a good grip on him! So I don't know what it was he wanted, but I obviously wasn't making him happy. Of course, it had to happen in front of the whole group, and I could feel all eyes on us. So I took him outside to let him calm down (and try to make myself stop blushing from embarrassment). I gave him a snack and that seemed to calm him down. I know these things are going to happen...I just wish they'd only happen at home by ourselves :)


Back to having fun again with Willow. Nathan loved climbing up this and then sliding down. He even ran down it several times!


Sweet little Willow.


Back for another group activity. Nathan actually loved doing this. They would fill the top with little soft balls and then shake the parachute really hard and pop the balls out. I think Nathan actually had a crush on the teacher because he kept wanting to help her pick things up and help her carry boxes with all of the supplies.

There's my sweet boy!


Jack and Nathan jumping on the trampoline

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles!


Nathan and mommy

This activity was so funny. The kids were supposed to lay down like cookie dough and then the teacher would roll the air log over them like it was the rolling pin. When she told all of the kids to go lay down, Nathan was actually the first to do it. He laid right down on his tummy and said "Night, night." But he didn't stay down there long enough to get rolled on.


Nathan and his Daddy


After we played and played, it was time for snacks and cupcakes. All of the kids sat at a long table and ate their food and drank their juice. Nathan actually drank two juice boxes!


Happy Birthday Jack! Thank you for inviting me to your party!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ash, I loved the picture of you and Nate towards the end! Nate is holding a red toy. So cute!