Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Playdate with Mackenzie

When we moved to Frisco, I was sad about leaving my wonderful neighbors, but I'm happy to say that we are just as lucky in our new neighborhood. Lindsay and her baby Mackenzie (who is a couple of months younger than Nathan) share an alley with us. We've been getting together for play dates, walks, and swapping babysitting. Last week Mackenzie, came to our house for a couple of hours and she and Nathan had a blast together. Nathan was beside himself with excitement when she came in and spent the next few hours trying to impress and show off for her!


"Can I have a little kiss?"






We spent the first half of our time inside playing with toys. I think Mackenzie was a little overwhelmed at first by Nathan's "excitement." He loves his new red car and when he's playing with it at home with Wayne and I, he thinks it's so funny to try to run into us. We laugh and laugh, but didn't realize that he would try this stunt on someone else...Mackenzie...thinking she would think it was just as funny. They were having so much fun playing with the car, and before I knew it, I saw him heading right for her. It was like slow motion movie. Nathan didn't hit her hard or do it to be mean, but sweet little Mackenzie did fall down and cry. Nathan looked so confused, like he was thinking "Why didn't she laugh like Mommy and Daddy?" I picked her up and held her while Nathan gave her an "I'm sorry" hug. They still had fun the rest of the afternoon, but Mackenzie was quick to get out of the way when she saw Nathan near the car :) Wayne and I will have to stop role playing pretend wrecks from now on!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, well....Mr. Nate, it looks like you have yet another girlfriend! Mackenzie is so cute! Just one little tip....girls usually don't like to be run over by big plastic cars.

Love,
Auntie Carrie

Kampen Family said...

Those pictures are so cute! Will you please email them to me? I need to email you the ones of when Nathan came over a few weeks ago. They are so precious together!!!