Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'll Do Anything for Food!

Not only is Nathan absolutely adorable, he also has nice manners! He says hi and bye to everyone, which is especially cute when we're out in public. He also says "Thank you." His thank you sounds like "tink you." He says it whenever I give him something, or someone else gives him something. He even said thank you through his tears when he got his 18 month shots, and the nurse gave him a band-aid. And when I dropped him off at the church nursery, he was crying so hard because he didn't want me to leave. After handing him over, I stepped to the side of the door to see if he'd calm down. I heard one of the women offer him a cookie, and while trying to catch his breath, he let out a pitiful "Tink You." What's really funny is when he steals a toy from one of his friends (or takes something from my purse) and says "Tink you." I guess he's disguising the fact that he just took something that wasn't his or meant to be his, with his nice manners. So who can be mad at him? Well, his new word is please (peese). I have been trying to get him to say please FOREVER, but he never did it for me. Then one day, Daddy was getting a treat from the pantry. Whenever Daddy goes to the pantry, Nathan stops whatever it is he's doing and races over there in hopes of getting a bite. Daddy usually just gives it to him, but on this day, he held out until Nathan finally said "Peese!" So here is a video from the other day. As you will see, they both got carried away!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awww...It's a modern day "Lady and the Tramp" scene. Instead of spaghetti, it's a cookie! Loved it!