Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weekend in Austin Day 2

On Saturday morning, I got to sleep in, casually drink my coffee, take a long shower, and take my time getting ready because Auntie Carrie woke up with Nathan. She gave him his breakfast, got him dressed and then took him to the park. It was so wonderful! I even had time left over to look through a magazine and watch a little TV. That never happens! Carrie took my camera with her so here are two cute swing pictures.




Here's the famous "monster" face up close!

After the park, we took Nathan to an inflatable play center. The play center was geared more towards older kids, but they did have a Sesame Street bounce house that seemed perfect for Nathan. They told us that we could try it out first to make sure Nathan liked it before we paid...HE LOVED IT!





Nathan jumped and jumped, went on the slide over and over, and loved running around only to fall down. One of the workers saw how much fun he was having on the slide and thought he'd like going down one of the bigger slides even though it's for ages 5 and over. Yes! He'd love that! Nathan's not scared of anything!


"Mommy, that was way too big and steep for me. I don't like to tumble down a slide. Let's just stick to the Elmo slide OK?"
As we were leaving, I told the workers that Nathan had a blast (as if they couldn't tell that for themselves) and was ready to pay. They were so sweet and told us that they had so much fun watching Nathan have fun that it was on the house! So with we money we saved, we went out to lunch, and then headed home for Nathan's nap. He was exhausted!

After Nathan woke up, we went out for ice cream, and then went to the pet store next door. Nathan loves fish and wanted Auntie Carrie to describe each kind to him. He would point to them and then babble like he was talking to them!


"Auntie Carrie, I'll take that bunny...Daddy won't care."


Being the picky mommy I am, I noticed one little spot in back that they missed while getting his hair cut yesterday. So after the pet store, we went back to Cool Cuts. I know the girl thought I was crazy, but she snipped the back and was very sweet about our drop in. Nathan has a very good memory and grabbed another sucker on the way out!



"Auntie Carrie, you can have a lick."


Don't you just want to squeeze and kiss those fat cheeks?!


Me and my sissy...Nathan went to bed earlier than usual because we completely wiped him out so Carrie and I had fun just being with each other. She gave me a manicure and pedicure, I colored her hair (I did a great job by the way), and then we watched some TV and talked.


Here is Carrie with her baby, Otis. It's a face only a mother could love :) We had so much fun didn't we Carrie?! Thanks for everything!

And here is another video of Nathan at the park. He loved running through this blue thing and just barely cleared it with his head!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yes, I want to squeeze and kiss those fat cheeks some more! I loved playing with you, Nate. Next time I see you, I will bring you a sucker! We had so much fun together. I love you tons!

Love,
Auntie Carrie