Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Charlotte is 2 Months Old!

I can't believe it's already been two months! These last two months have been hectic, a bit overwhelming, but also wonderful! Our little Charlotte is growing so much and has made all of us so happy. How did we get so lucky? Here are a few of Charlotte's birthday pictures.



There's my smiling baby! And here are a few outtakes...This was a bit of a crazy morning. I thought I'd take Charlotte's picture while Nathan was busy playing with his trains, but then he heard us and decided he wanted to help. He really meant well, but...it was easier when he was playing trains :)




Nathan broke the elastic strap on the hat, so I was trying to take Charlotte's picture by just balancing the hat on her head. Every time it fell off, Nathan was right there to put it back on, but kept pushing it on her head a little too hard (or bumping her or stepping on her while he was trying to sit next to her). Maybe next time, I'll wait until it's Nathan's nap time :)

Today was Charlotte's 2 month checkup which means shots! Nathan was so sweet and helped me get Charlotte ready this morning to go to the doctor. He kept telling Charlotte not to cry and that he would hold her hand. He even got out his toy shot and practiced on her :) While the doctor was examining her, he pulled up a stool and stood on it and watched. He is such a sweet big brother.


My big boy reading a book while we wait for the doctor.


Poor little girl doesn't realize what's about to come :(


Charlotte with Dr. Guetersloh


After I took Charlotte's picture, Nathan said, "My turn!" and hopped right up on Dr. G's lap. Then he gave him a high five and a fist bump! Daddy would have been proud to see Nathan do the fist bump, then blow it up...oh and he did sound effects too!

Charlotte got a good report although she does have her first cold! Nathan got one two days ago and now baby Charlotte has it :( Charlotte now weighs 12.3 lbs (75%) and is 23 inches long (75%). She smiles all the time now and has even started to laugh some. And she is such a wonderful sleeper! I feed her for the last time around 10, and she sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00 every morning. After I feed her first thing in the morning, she goes back to sleep for another 2 hours which gives me time to get Nathan up and both of us fed and dressed. So far, life is still good...if only I could get Nathan 100% potty trained!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fishing!! Cookie loves to go fishing. She likes to lick the fish. Now I like to throw that fishy in my fryin' pan. And Papa likes to eat the fish. So keep fishing. Love, Mama, Papa, and Cookie

Carrie said...

Nathan, you are sooooo sweet to help baby Charlotte put her hat back on :-)