Friday, July 16, 2010

Nathan's Trip to Austin

Last week, Nathan had his first trip away from us. He went to visit Auntie Carrie and Uncle Chris in Austin from Thursday through Monday! Wayne and I were a little worried about how he would do being away from us, but after hearing all of the fun things he got to do with Carrie, we didn't worry a bit! He was spoiled rotten! Here are some pictures of all of their activities, with Carrie writing about them... For some reason, Days 3 and 4 got switched when I was publishing them and I can't figure out how to fix it, so posts 3 and 4 are out of order.


We started our "Austin Adventures" with the Inner Space Caverns. It's a huge underground cave that you can walk in and explore. I was hoping he wouldn't get scared or get tired of walking...it was an hour long tour!


Ummmm....he LOVED it!


He did so well with the walking tour! He kept "waving" to people in our group with his pointer finger...so cute!


This is what we saw all during our tour.


Silly boy! He's hanging upside down like the bats we saw!


After the tour we went to the gift shop. He loved looking at all of the neat rocks! I told him he could pick out one thing from the gift shop....he picked out a little flashlight that had his name on it. He loved his flashlight!


We then came home and relaxed with a movie. Otis is his "little buddy."


He ate such a good dinner that night....pasta, green beans, and apple sauce! I told Ashley he ate a lot of green beans and she asked how I got him to eat them. I told Nathan that green beans make you run fast...ha!

Then he swam....I mean took a bath....in my big bathtub!


Does he look tired to you???? He went right to sleep. I slept with Nathan in our guest room. Sweet boy!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Now I'm sad again!!!! I had so much fun with you Nathan. You can come visit me anytime!!!!

Carrie said...

Ash, I just realized that the posts are in order.

Anonymous said...

Nathan, isn't it fun to be with Aunt Carrie? Going to a cave is really scary I think. You were very brave. Love, Mama