Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I can't believe I'm 33 years old! Nathan is at the age where he loves birthday parties...really he just loves the cake! He and Daddy had a party for me complete with my favorite chocolate cake (diet? what diet?) and party hats. After singing Happy Birthday to me once, and blowing out my candles, Nathan wanted to do it again, but sing to him this time. So we did. He blew out the candles and then wanted to sing to Daddy...so we did it again. Then he wanted to sing to his friend Lauren, and so on and so on. I think we sang and blew out candles 5 times! The next night, Nathan spent the night with Grandmother and Wayne, Charlotte, and I went out to dinner. Then we spent the rest of the night enjoying having the house to ourselves.




After enjoying several pieces of cake, Nathan wanted to do his new favorite activity...WRESTLING! Daddy did this once with him a few weeks ago, and that is all Nathan wants to do now. The first few times they wrestled on the bed, I had to leave the room because I was so nervous Nathan was going to get hurt! Wayne told me to calm down and let him be a boy...ok, but I made Wayne promise me Nathan wouldn't get hurt. Do you know what he said to me? He said he promises Nathan won't get "seriously" hurt. I don't even want my baby to get a bruise!


Here is his wrestling pose! He and Wayne like to watch old cartoons and there is one called "Thundar" who is a super hero of some sort. So when the two of them wrestle, Nathan will say, "Daddy, I'm Fundar and I'm going to wrestle you!" Then he jumps on Wayne like a little monkey. It really is the funniest thing!

And here are some pictures of my birthday present...new dining room accessories! Our dining room has been completely bare except for the main table, mirror, and drapes. What I really wanted was a new buffet table to go under the mirror. After we found the one we loved, I told Wayne we had to add accessories...I'm just glad he was in the shopping mood!






And this is a picture of Wayne's dad from high school. We got it framed, and it looks great on the other wall. I definitely had a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Mommy!!! I love Nathan's wrestling pose. It was so funny to see him wrestling with Wayne! I love your new dining room...so cute!!

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

Happy birthday!! I love your presents!