Friday, June 8, 2012

Grandma's Birthday

Wednesday was Grandma's 91st birthday! Nathan, Charlotte, and I met Mama at Grandma's apartment so that we could celebrate with her. It is always so much fun to visit Grandma with Nathan and Charlotte because they are always so sweet to her and her friends. And it's funny to me to see how much everyone loves them and their silliness. I always remind them to be on their best behavior, use nice manners, and not be too wild and crazy. But all of Grandma's friends think they are so cute and lively that they encourage them to run around! All Nathan and Charlotte need is a little slack, and they take full advantage. I've finally stopped worrying so much about them being too loud or too silly because I realized that is exactly what everyone loves. Every time we visit, we are the big entertainment :)

But not only do Nathan and Charlotte bring a lot of energy with them, they are also very loving and sweet to everyone. Whenever someone asks for a hug, Nathan and Charlotte always give one. It makes me so proud of them to see how sweet they are to Grandma and her friends and to see how much joy they bring to the place. 

Grandma told Mom that she wanted a good hamburger for her birthday lunch so after visiting for a while, we took her to Country Burger. A great cheese burger is my favorite thing to eat, and Country Burger does not disappoint! Thank you Grandma! All Nathan could talk about was how he wanted a chocolate milkshake. I told him he could have one, but that he'd have to wait until after he ate his lunch to get it, and he could have that for dessert. Well, instead of whining and crying about it, he was so grown up and calmly talked to me about why I should change my mind. "Mommy, if you just let me have my shake first, I PROMISE I will eat all of my lunch with my shake. It will help me chew my food. And I'll even share it with Charlotte! Please Mommy, I really love you." Well, who can say no to that? And guess what? He ate his whole lunch along with drinking his shake! Good idea Nay Nay!



Mama brought a cake over, and Nathan and Charlotte put the candles in. They loved this job because they kept "accidentally" touching the icing and had to lick it off :)





We can't forget the flowers! Nathan was so cute. Mama brought these flowers over and was trying to find a vase to put them in. Nathan spotted this one on one of Grandma's tables, and was so proud of himself for finding the perfect one. And then they both had to take turns putting water into the vase...they pretty much filled it to the brim!






Happy Birthday Grandma! We love you so much!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like Grandma had a great birthday party! Nathan and Charlotte sure do know how to throw a good party :) I wish we could have been there to celebrate, too! Happy birthday Grandma!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mother! We had a great time . How wonderful for you to have daughter, granddaughter, and great-grandchildren to celebrate 91 years. Charlotte and Nathan know how to have a Birthday Party. Love,Pam, better known as Mama.