Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mr. CEO

Nathan absolutely adores his daddy and wants to be just like him. Last weekend Wayne was working in his office and Nathan and Charlotte went back and forth from the living room to his office, playing with their toys and talking to Daddy. The next day, Nathan told me he needed to do some work in Daddy's office. I said, "Oh, OK, what work are you going to do?" "I'm just going to type some lists like when Daddy does his work." Nathan was so serious about his request so I tried not to laugh, but it was so  hard! I pulled up Microsoft Word, made the font bigger, and put caps lock on. Nathan knows his letters but knows the capital ones best...lower case is still a little hard for him. So I figured he would be able to recognize the letters better if they were all capitals. Then I showed him how to push the return button to go to the next line. He was so cute because he didn't want to type one letter at a time. He wanted to line up his fingers on the keyboard like mommy and daddy and type fast. So cute! I got a picture of what he "typed." He also has seen Mommy and Daddy write things down from the computer, so after he typed a little, he got himself a piece of paper, a pen, and made notes from what he typed.

Pretty soon, Charlotte joined her brother. Nathan loves to copy Mommy and Daddy and Charlotte loves to copy Nathan. The two of them were so cute doing their "work."









No comments: