Friday, June 15, 2012

Memory Lane Inn, 2012

I am writing this post while I am at a girl's only scrap booking retreat in Tyler, Texas. The house we are staying in is called Memory Lane Inn and is so cute! It's an old, Victorian style home which has been converted into a "crafting" house. There are 17 of us here, and everyone is working on their own projects. We each have our own work stations complete with several outlets, shelves, lights, fans and plenty of work space. Some are painting, some are sewing and crocheting, some are working on home decorations, and so much more.

I am working on getting my baby books updated, blogging, making a photo book of our ski trip, and a few other things like getting caught up on my magazines, sleep, and gossip. We are ALL also drinking cocktails, watching old girlie movies like Dirty Dancing, talking and just plain enjoying our time away from kids and husbands!

It is so amazing to me to see how talented everyone is! I am by far the least "crafty" person, but no one cares. It's is just so much fun to have this "girl" time and get caught up on everything. I got here Thursday morning around 11:00 am and am leaving Saturday night around 6:00...just in time to celebrate Father's Day.

The two living areas downstairs are the crafting rooms. There's also a kitchen and dining room. We put ourselves into groups to prepare meals for everyone, and we also brought community snacks, desserts, and drinks. It is very likely that I will have gained 5 pounds while here! Upstairs there's a movie room and bedrooms. We do this every year, and I already can't wait until next year!













4 comments:

Carrie said...

Ok, I am DEFINITELY coming next year!!! That looks like so much fun...I love how all the beds are together upstairs. AND you're watching old girlie movies???? So FUN!!!!!

Mama Relle said...

I LOVE the picture of Robin and sis....the quote in the background is icing on the cake. I tell you what...."If there is a will, there is a way!" :)

The Owen Family said...

I love it! I need to do something like this with my girlfriends, how fun!

Anonymous said...

I know you had fun...almost like college again. I hope you all stay in touch for a very long time. Love, Mom