Thursday, January 2, 2014

Charlotte's Christmas Party

The week before Christmas was crazy busy! It seemed like there was something every day and then Charlotte and Nathan both had their Christmas parties on the same freaking day! I was happy that the parties were far enough apart that I was able to go to both, but it is so hard to get up and get all three of us looking our best first thing in the morning. Not my idea of fun. And I couldn't be late getting Charlotte to school because the 3 year olds were doing a music program first and then the party. They actually wanted the kids there 5 minutes early. And since everyone was getting to St. Andrew at the exact same time, the parking lot was pure hell. It's too small to begin with, but at least you have mixture of moms getting there a little early, some on time, and some late. When everyone gets there at the same time, we all get parking lot road rage.
 
Charlotte did look adorable, as always. She wore a dress Mama made for her last year. It was a tad bit big then, but fits her perfectly now. I love this dress because it reminds me of a candy cane. Despite the crazy parking lot, I got her there on time, and rushed to the sanctuary to get what I thought was the perfect seat...down close to the front but on the aisle so I could see her walking down. Wouldn't you know that one of the tallest dad's has to sit right in front of me...one of the shortest moms and Miss Connie, the music teacher, was in all my pictures.  I had to lean to the left and right the whole time to take pictures and videos. I felt a little bad at first because I thought I was blocking the people behind me. I quickly got over that feeling and thought, "It's every parent for themselves."
 
The three year olds sang Christmas songs and were so cute. Charlotte was kind of quiet but did a good job. She kept looking at me and blowing kisses.
 
After the program, we went back to her room for snacks and her little party. She was such a sweet girl and the cutest one there!!!
 







No comments: