Saturday, January 12, 2008

5 Months Old and Sitting Up!

Not only has Nathan turned 5 months old today, he is also sitting up! We've been practicing this for some time now, but he always falls over. It wasn't until Gymboree class on Thursday afternoon that he did it for an extended amount of time. We even practiced it that morning, but he still fell over! Since he's the youngest in Gymboree, I think he saw all the other babies sitting and crawling so he got overly motivated to do it himself!


Nathan wasn't very cooperative during our 5 month photo shoot as you can see...


Arching his back is a favorite of his these days :)


This was where he almost fell face first into his cupcake!


It seems that Nathan would rather look at and chew his hat than wear it.


Here's a good one!


"You better hurry and take it...who knows what I'll do next!"


The next pictures are of Nathan sitting up!

This is his "tripod" position...


He's a little slumped over, but almost there...


"I did it!" And he stayed like this for a long time! Here are some videos of us practicing. We still need to perfect the sit, but I think he's doing great!


Practice video #1



Practice video #2


Grand Finale!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Nate...you are a big boy now. You can sit up all by yourself. Happy 5 month birthday to you! I can't believe you are already 5 months old! I remember just like it was yesterday when you were just a tiny little thing. When I saw you for the first time, I just could not believe that you were actually here. I love you baby Nate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday baby boy!! Very soon we will bake a cake together and you can lick the bowl with Cookie.