Thursday, February 14, 2008

6 Months Old!

Nathan turned 6 months old yesterday. It's his half birthday! We went for his checkup and got a great report. Nathan weighs 17 1/2 pounds (50th percentile) and is 26.8 inches long (76th percentile). We've got the go ahead to start him on fruits and veggies...hope that goes better than the cereal, and he's right on track with all of his milestones. Nathan was in such a good mood at the doctor's office. He kept smiling and babbling to the nurses and anyone in the waiting room who would watch him! Oh and he's saying Dada now! Although it's not always directed at Wayne. Sometimes it's to me, sometimes the tv, sometimes his feet, and it's more like dadadadada. But it's a new sound and counts as his first babble words :)



So today was birthday picture day, and it did not go as well as I had planned. The above picture shows what he did for the firsts 10 minutes. At one point he was hanging over the chair arm!


Then he finally sat still for this one picture but was looking like he was about to leap for the cupcake (notice the tongue like he's saying "mmmmmm, looks good").


Then of course, Nathan did not want his hat on. It was a juggling act trying to keep the hat on, keep Nathan in the chair, and keep the cupcake from being knocked over.


I finally got the cupcake into the picture, but no hat...


So to keep Nathan occupied, I just gave him a second hat to play with!
"I can do whatever I want to with this hat?"


"This is great having TWO hats!"


"This is mine, don't try to take it away Mommy!"


And so the destruction of the second hat begins...
"First I'll fold it..."


"Then I'll suck on it..."


"Wait, I can chew on it better if I'm laying down."


Here's our little boy just lounging. So what the heck, I just put the cupcake into the picture.


"What will happen if I let this stretchy thing go?"


"Enough of the pictures Mommy, let's just play."

And here's a short video of Nathan being mischievous. I just love him more than anything!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Aunt Carrie

Nate's a naughty boy....not letting Mommy take a birthday picture. That's o.k....90% of your life has been a photo session, so it's o.k. if you've had enough.....for now, of course. Happy 6 month birthday big boy. Aunt Carrie, Uncle Chris, and cousin Otis loves you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday baby boy!! Now I just want Papa to bring me back to hug and kiss, kiss, kiss you.