Tuesday, January 20, 2009

17 Months Old

Nathan is the most perfect little boy if I do say so myself! He has the cutest personality, and it only gets cuter. Wayne and I are constantly amazed by how much (and how fast) he is changing. So here is a glimpse at what Nathan is up to as of now:

Nathan says so many words. His new ones are: boo, wee (when going down the slide or swinging), rabbit, spoon (poon), Cheerios, snake (nake), slide (lide), truck, bye bye (this used to be "die, die" so I'm glad he finally added the B), e-i-e-i-o when singing "Old McDonald", Oh and he said his first sentence: "Bye, Bye Mommy"...hey, it's a subject and a verb!

Nathan loves to play chase, especially around the kitchen island.

He would rather run than walk.

When I tell Nathan that someone is coming to visit, he looks outside the front door windows CONSTANTLY! He especially gets excited when it's Mama and Papa and screams and runs in place when he finally sees them.

Nathan loves to point to and name all of us, and then when we ask him what his name is, he says "Nay-Nay"

He points to all of his body parts, except his eyes. He blinks them when I ask him where his eyes are.

Opening and closing doors are also a ton of fun. He loves to go behind a door, wave and say bye-bye, then close the door, or peek out and say "boo!"

Strangers are not something Nathan is scared of. At the grocery store, he says "Hi" to everyone walking by.

Even though Nathan is a boy and is very boyish (I mean mischievous) he is also very loving. He kisses and hugs us, his stuffed animals, and animals in his books. If I say, "Do you love _____?" he leans his head over like his giving a hug and says, "Ahhhhh." And if I pretend to cry, he'll come over and hug and kiss me.

He still loves to be rocked and sung to before bedtime and naps.

He likes to hide things, especially from our bathroom. His favorite hiding spot is our laundry basket. If Wayne and I can't find something, that is always the first place we look. I've found remotes, bowls, balls, toys, and rolls of toilet paper in there. In fact, I just washed one of Wayne's dress shoes because I didn't know Nathan threw it in there.

He knows the difference between right and wrong and what things are off limits. In fact, he will do something he knows we don't like and then say, "No, No" while pointing his finger. It's so hard not to laugh sometimes.

When I say, "Where is _____?" He holds his arms out like he's saying, "I don't know."

He says, "Ohhhhhhhhh" very dramatically like he is totally amazed by whatever it is he's looking at.


Oh, and he's still obsessed with his belly button. This obsession has been going on for a while now. There have even been a few mornings when I've gone in to get him and his pajamas are unzipped, and his belly button is red! Some kids suck their thumbs, ours plays with his belly button :)

I just love this little boy so much!!!!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, I love my "Nay Nay!" I am really missing you, Nate! I didn't know you could sort of say your name! I need you to come visit me so that I can see all your new tricks.

Love,
Auntie Carrie

Anonymous said...

Nathan, you are such a big boy! Reece and I can't wait to see you on our next playdate!