Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Celine...need I say more?

My mom, being the best mom in the world, got me, Carrie, and my mother-in-law, tickets to the Celine Dion concert! We went last night and had the time of our lives! We started the night out by driving downtown to Victory Park. Carrie and I are the types that like to get to an event early. When we go to the movies, we want to be there 30 minutes early to get our snacks, get good seats, and watch the previews. Since this was Celine, we left my house at 5:00 for the 8:00 show. We had a great dinner before the show and then headed into the American Airlines Center. We were so excited!



Mom and Carrie


Me and Helen (you can see that there aren't a lot of people here yet...just couldn't wait!)


Me and my sissy


When the show finally started, the whole auditorium was completely packed. Everyone was so excited and went crazy when the lights went out and she came up out of the stage.


My camera doesn't zoom in very much so she looks far away, but we really did have great seats. There are a lot of pictures, but I just can't bear to delete any :)







She sang all of her famous songs mixed in with a few new ones. But the one we were all waiting for was "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. The show ended and she left the stage, but everyone kept cheering for an encore. Celine came back, sang another song, and then left again. The crowd went crazy and cheered some more. We were all praying that she would come back again. Then all of a sudden, she rises up again in this beautiful dress, with clips from Titanic playing on the screens. EVERYONE went nuts!!!! It was so wonderful, we all shed a tear...or two :)

Here are a few videos:

5 comments:

Scott and Marla said...

I love your pics and videos! Looks like you guys had a good time! :) So jealous...Scott always makes fun of me for liking Celine! :)

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning thinking I was on the Titanic and Celine was there. It was just a fabulous night and so much fun before the show at the restaurant bar..sitting at the bar with the three of you was pretty exciting..as I recall we made some new friends..what were their names??

Carrie said...

I want to see her again!!!! Just think, it's been 10 years since she last came to Dallas....this was a chance in a lifetime! Thank you mommy for one of the best nights of my life!

Love,
Carrie

Unknown said...

How fun!! It sounds like you all really enjoyed it!

Heath and Adriana Stacey said...

I saw her in Milwaukee in September. Wasn't she fabulous?!?!?