Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Beautiful Day

I have spent the last couple of days in bed with what I thought might have been the flu, but it turned out to just be a 24 hr bug. I haven't been sick in so long so it really wiped me out. Luckily Wayne came home from work early Tuesday evening and took care of Nathan while I laid on the couch. The next day was the ice storm so Wayne took the morning off to be Mr. Mom. My dad then came over mid-morning to pick up Nathan and take him back to their house so I could spend the day sleeping. By Thursday morning, I finally felt better. Thank goodness I have a husband who is a wonderful nurse and parents that live close by! So after being cooped up for several days, we went to Mama and Papa's house for a visit and a trip to the park.


Before going to the park, Nathan need a little "pick me up" treat...a popsicle!





I think that Cookie seriously believes that she is just as human as the rest of us. AND, she doesn't think there's anything she can't do. If Nathan and I are sliding, why can't she? And she did! Cookie went down the slide right after us :)

After playing at the park, we went back to Mama and Papa's house. Wayne is out of town for the weekend so we invited ourselves to dinner :)


I got Nathan all ready for bed so that he could just go to sleep as soon as we got home. This picture is funny because Nathan was caught coming out of the pantry! He can open the door on his own and loves to go in there and yell "Boo!" when he comes out. I think he might also be looking for snacks.


Nathan chillin' in Papa's chair, eating Cheerios, and watching cartoons :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Nate, I love your guitar outfit....very stylish! Of course you needed a popsicle to "get going." Doesn't everyone? Love you!!

Love,
Auntie Carrie