Monday, January 26, 2009

Last week, Nathan and I spent the afternoon with Mama and Cookie. There is a new play area near my parents' house. There is a dog park and an outside play area complete with miniature houses, picnic tables, and a maze! We first took Cookie to the dog park. All of the dogs are so sweet and Nathan loves to watch them play. He'll throw balls to them and run around chasing Cookie. Cookie loves to play with the other dogs, but she never travels far from Nathan. She is very protective of him!








My camera battery died right when we got to the outside play area (story of my life). We were the only ones here for the longest time, so Nathan and Cookie had the whole area to themselves. I love this space because, unlike the mall play areas, there is a gate. So Nathan can run around going from house to house while we sit and watch. There's a mini bank, house, gas station, train station, and more!


This picture was taken on a different day, but it's so funny! We went to a playdate, and as you can see, he was so exhausted when we left. I tried everything to keep him awake so that he would take his nap at home. I thought that by giving him a snack, that would would work. But he took a few bites and then fell asleep with his hand in his snack cup! Oh and I didn't take this picture while we were driving...we were stopped at a light :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Nate, will you take Otis and I to the dog park? That looks like so much fun!
Love,
Auntie Carrie

Kampen Family said...

Hi neighbor!! So fun to find you on here and on Facebook! Mackenzie and I had a great time with you and Nathan today. Want to get together later this week?

Anonymous said...

Nathan you are the mayor of the little play village. Cookie can be your body guard. We have so much fun there. Love, Mama, Cookie and Papa