Monday, January 12, 2009

A Day at the Arboretum

Last weekend Nathan and I joined Jack, Jennifer, and Nick at the Arboretum. The weather was the prettiest it's been in so long! It was so warm that Nathan and Jack both wore shorts. The last
time I took Nathan to the arboretum, he was barely walking, so I knew he was going to have so much fun being able to run around wherever he wanted to. It would be like a giant park to him!


Here is Nathan showing off his new "face." I noticed him always sucking on his cheeks like this a few weeks ago and then realized he was getting his molars and a few other teeth in so I think he's using his cheeks as a teething toy!


Jennifer and Jack


"Jack, I'll trade you this cool stick for the elephant I just gave you."


There's that face again!


Here they are stalking a squirrel.

Nathan really did roam free. He ran around and had to go up and down any steps he found.


While running all over the Arboretum, Nathan and Jack found these bronze deer. There was a family of them, and I think both boys would have stayed here the rest of the day if we had let them!


Jennifer and I finally bribed them with a game of Ring Around the Rosie to get them away from the deer.





Run, Nathan, Run!

Along, with the fish face, Nathan's other new thing is to run with his arms back. It makes him faster :)

How sweet!
Even though they're boys, they still have their sweet, cuddly side.
But then 5 minutes later, Nathan is doing headstands on the steps!

"This is the last picture we're posing for!"

"Ok, one more...come on Nathan, stand up."
"Nah, I'm done...you smile to make them happy."


A wonderful day comes to an end. I can't wait for the weather to stay nice so that we can go back!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

These pics are great! You need a camera like Jennifer's. Gotta love the "fish face!"