Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 2

On Friday, we had the day to ourselves. Our plan was to sleep in, eat breakfast, and then spend the rest of the day relaxing at the pool. But we had a little snag in our plans. We did sleep in and eat breakfast, but instead of hitting the pool right after that, we had to take a taxi into town...Wayne forgot his dress pants and was supposed to wear something other than jeans or shorts to the civil ceremony that night. The only "nice" pants he had were the ones he was wearing at the religious ceremony the next night. That's why I tell him it's good to overpack...you're always prepared!

It was actually kind of good that Wayne forgot his pants, otherwise, we wouldn't have had time to see the town. I was a bit surprised by the town because it wasn't Americanized at all. It was a truly authentic Mexican town, and I loved it. I wish we could have spent more time there, but we were on a pants mission. We did find out that women's clothes are everywhere, men's not so much. We only found one store with men's pants, and those were the ones he got. You'll see pictures coming up.


So after our shopping adventure, we quickly changed into our suits and headed to the pool.




The really white guy on the stool is my hubby :) We pretty much spent the whole time at the swim up bar getting drinks and food. We wanted to make the most of the "all inclusive" concept! My drink of the day was a strawberry colada and Wayne's was a mango margarita...I can taste them now!

After our day at the pool, everyone got ready for our first main event, the civil ceremony along with dinner, drinks, and dancing on the beach. We met in the lobby area (which is all open) and were then driven to this beautiful private beach area. Oh and these are Wayne's authentic Mexican pants. They're handmade out of some fabric I've never heard of, but they looked so good on him! I love the "island" look!


This is what we saw when we first walked up!



We actually ended up meeting another couple from Dallas! Their names were Sean and Lisa, and Sean knew Fernando from college. Anyway, we really hit it off and sat with them at most of the events. Plus Lisa wanted to take as many pictures as I did so we didn't have to feel bad about asking the other one to keep taking our pictures :)


Here's is Fernando, getting ready to see his bride. For those of you who came to our wedding, Fernando was a groomsman. He is truly one of the nicest guys I've ever met.


This is a picture of most of the guests during the civil ceremony.


And another of us...you'd think we're the ones getting married!


One more and that's it for this entry :)


Here is Mayra walking with Fernando after the ceremony. I'm so mad at myself because I didn't get any really good pictures of the two of them up close. She was so beautiful!


The ceremony was short and sweet and then it was time to party! They opened the bar, put a dance floor on the sand, served food, and everyone had the best time! We (everyone except me because I can't dance!) danced to a DJ and then a live band played for us.


The darker it got, the prettier it got. The lanterns shining on the cabanas were so neat. We stayed out pretty late, but I actually never got tired...which is rare for me!

No comments: