Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gulf Shores, Days 3 & 4

Every day, Nathan got more and more comfortable with the sand and water. Pretty soon, he was running around the sand in front of me and to the edge of the water by himself. Of course, I was always right there, but I loved watching him get more and more brave and playing on his own. My mom always took Nathan up for lunch and a nap, which was really nice for me. I loved being able to lay out on the beach with Carrie and Jen and only have to worry about myself!


Jen and Carrie


Me and Jen

On this day, Carrie's husband, Chris flew in (he was out of town on business), and he, Wayne, and my dad went on a deep sea fishing trip while the rest of us played.



That night, Mom and Dad kept the kids, while Wayne, Chris, Jen, and I had a dinner out. We went to this cute area called "The Wharf" and had the most wonderful dinner...and martinis!

The next morning was supposed to be the morning, Wayne and I had to leave to drive back to Dallas since Wayne had to work. But, being the sweet husband and daddy he is, Wayne used his airline miles and booked a flight home for himself so that Nathan and I could stay a few extra days. I was so excited!!! So, Monday morning, Wayne spent the first half of the day on the beach with us, and then my dad took him to the airport later that afternoon. I missed him, but it was nice to be able to stay with everyone else. Plus we could see how much fun Nathan was having. Thank you Wayne!
Mr. Independent is walking ahead with all of his sand toys.


And then decides to wait on Daddy :)


This is the 2 millionth juice box :)




Robert starting hole #2.


After Dad took Wayne to the airport, a huge storm blew in. I remember being little and being so disappointed if it rained at the beach, but now I love it! We ordered pizza and sat on the balcony watching the rain...and watching people's beach umbrellas blow across the sand! It was so much fun! From our balcony, we could see tons of other people at other condos sitting outside doing the same thing.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Nathan, we had so much fun playing in the water, didn't we?! I loved watching you ride the waves in your boat!