Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 4

On our last day and night of freedom, Wayne and I went to Cancun and stayed at the JW Marriott to recover from the wedding festivities. It was really nice because it was just the two of us, and all we did was lay around and relax before returning home.

Our hotel was so nice! We both wished we had a few more days to just enjoy it, but we've already decided we're coming back next year!

This picture is from our balcony. There was a waterway that went all around the hotel.



The pool was amazing! This is from our balcony too! It looks like 3 separate pools, but they were all connected.


After enjoying the view from the balcony for a while, we put on our suits and headed to the beach. The water was crystal clear, and the waves were huge! People were out playing in the waves, so we figured they really weren't as big as they appeared to be...wrong! We waded out a few feet, and saw a huge wave coming. It broke right in front of us (like all waves do) but after the water rushed up over our feet, the current sucked it back out, and it was so strong! Wayne and I nearly fell over just from having the water go back out...it was nothing like Gulf Shores...which is what we're used to! We took a little while to get used to it and then decided to try to play in the waves a bit...I mean everyone else was out there. So after there was a bit of calm, we walked back out into the ocean (I let Wayne go ahead of me). Then this huge wave, and by huge, I mean 5 feet at least , started to billow up. I ran as fast as I could back to the shore! It was really scary! Wayne came back in a bit, but we both got knocked down :) It was so much fun, and if we had longer to stay, I probably would have gotten my courage up to try it. Also, since I'm short, those waves probably seemed scarier to me than to others :) Here's a video of the brave people attempting the waves:


No comments: