Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nathan's First Soccer Practice

Move over David Beckham...Nathan is the new soccer superstar!

These are his "serious" poses...

And this is the "sweet" one Mommy asked for :)

Nathan has been so excited for his first soccer practice! On Saturday, Wayne took him to get a new soccer ball and shin guards, and they practiced playing the game all weekend. Since today was his first soccer practice and tomorrow is his first day of school, I asked Mama and Papa if Charlotte could spend the night with them so that we could just focus on Nathan tonight and tomorrow. After Papa picked up Charlotte, Nathan and I had so much fun getting ready for "the big game" as he kept calling it. We picked out his soccer outfit together, got his water bottle ready, and did some last minute practicing. So 30 minutes before he's supposed to be there, we walk out to the car to get in, and I can't find my keys! I realized I left them in the diaper bag that is at Mama and Papa's house. Oh S***! What am I going to do?! Wayne is meeting us at the game and wouldn't have enough time to come home to get us. The thought of Nathan missing this practice that he's been so excited about just about broke my heart. So I quickly called my neighbor, Jennifer...her son Jake and Nathan are great friends. She was so sweet and told us to come on over. She loaded her two kids, me, and Nathan into her car and took us to the game where we met Wayne. What a lifesaver!

Nathan's friend from school, Blake, is also on the team and the two of them had the best time!













Nathan had so much fun and completely wore himself out! He fell asleep in the car on the way home :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ash, I just about had a heart attack when I read you left the keys in the diaper bag!!! Thank goodness for Jennifer....soooo sweet of her!!! Nathan, I know you are going to have so much fun playing soccer! I can't wait to hear all about it. I love you!!!!