Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Wayne's mom came into town early and spent the week with us. On Thanksgiving day, my parents, my grandmother, my sister and niece all came over to our house to eat the meal I cooked. YES! I cooked our Thanksgiving dinner! Can you believe it? Actually Helen (Wayne's mom) cooked a corn dish, and my mom made the pies and sweet potatoes, but I cooked the turkey, made real mashed potatoes, and made the dressing.


Here I am putting the finishing touches on the dressing, and Helen helped me by keeping the kitchen clean while I cooked...I could really get used to that!


My mom and Helen


It's so strange to think that our moms used to do all of the cooking, and now it's my turn to host! That's when you know you're all grown up :)


Alexandra loves playing with Nathan. He even tries to say Allie.


Nathan is happiest when he has an audience to watch and adore him.


And Papa is always a favorite with Nathan.


My sister, Jennifer, with Grandma


Look how happy everyone looks. It's because they're enjoying my wonderful cooking! I hate to keep bragging, but I am not the best cook, and when it's Thanksgiving, that's a lot of pressure! When I took the turkey out of the oven, it looked so perfect, but I was worried it wouldn't be juicy. WRONG! It really was good! So now, I may have to make Thanksgiving dinner a staple at our house. I can do my usual pre-made entrees and then throw in a feast every once in a while.


Nathan and Grandmother enjoying a little snack before bed.


Nathan was so exhausted and was practically climbing into his crib himself! We had such a fun day, and it was even more special that we could share it with our family. I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and your thanksgiving dinner. Makes me want to keep trying to make the dressing that went so wrong.

Carrie said...

Wow, Ash....I am very proud of you! We'll be there for Thanksgiving next year, so I'll let you know what I think of your cooking then. Love Nate's holiday jammies....so cute!