Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's finally Christmas! Wayne and I were so excited for Nathan to open his presents. What is so funny is that when we went shopping for Nathan, I figured I would be the one wanting to go overboard with the toys. Well, it was completely the other way around! Wayne, the sensible and responsible one, kept filling the basket! We went up and down every single aisle at Toys R Us. When we would see something we liked, Wayne just threw it in. I thought we would then look at everything at decide what to put back. But noooooo, Santa Wayne wanted his boy to have everything. It was actually a little ridiculous. I mean I had to talk him out of buying a bag full of 100 plastic balls!


What is Christmas without a few glitches. First of all, I realized Christmas Eve that my video camera wasn't working. It was working fine a few days ago, but that's just my luck. Second, when Nathan woke up Christmas morning, Wayne went to get him and found that he had thrown up in his bed! He didn't seem sick at all or like he felt bad, so we figured it was from eating too many cookies the night before. So that's why he doesn't have his Christmas PJ's on. At least these are red :) After Daddy gave Nate a quick bath, it was time for the fun to begin.


"Move out of my way Daddy...is that my very own puppy?!" This isn't just any puppy dog. It's an interactive dog that barks, whines, sits, and wags it's tail when you scratch his head. It even raises its paw to shake your hand!


"I can't believe you got me a REAL dog!"
I told you we went overboard. I mean what 1 year old doesn't need an interactive puppy...

a remote control truck (but that was from Santa)...

Safari animals because Nathan loves lions...


This was a "Daddy" pick :)


a Little People farm house...

a train set...


plus phonics refrigerator magnets, a steering wheel lap toy for the car, an electric toothbrush, and...well you get the idea. We went a little crazy. I mean once I saw that Wayne was in the "no budget" buying mood, who was I to spoil the fun?

Now, where are we going to put all of these toys?

Maybe we did go a bit overboard, but we have plenty of time to learn not to over-indulge right? Maybe next year, we'll be more restrained...maybe.


Otis was having too much fun helping Nathan open his presents (and chewing on the safari animals) so he got banned to the stairs.

"Come on Otis, you can play with me now."
Oh and Nathan throwing up because of too many cookies was not the case. While Nathan was playing with his toys before his morning nap, he threw up again! Luckily he was in a spot where it didn't get on his new things...just Mommy.

I think it was just a 24 hr. bug because after a 2nd bath and nap, Nathan was in good spirits. Our family came over for Christmas lunch (which Carrie and I prepared).


Here's Carrie filling our glasses. We cooked a ham, a twice baked potato casserole, broccoli and rice casserole, salad, rolls, and a pie. Mom also brought over her delicious bread pudding. I'm definitely going to have to start working out again!

Nathan and Robert spent the day playing with all of the new toys.



And Nathan was so happy! I love this picture of him!


After lunch while we were cleaning up, I noticed that it was a little quiet. This is what I found, Nathan and Otis having a "moment."
"That's the outside Otis. Isn't it wonderful?"

"Here, let me straighten your collar. You have to look your best on Christmas day."


"Anyway, when you have to go out to potty, I'm going to sneak out with you."


"Peekaboo!"


That night, after everyone left, we tried out Nathan's new 4 wheeler from Aunt Jen, Alexandra, and Robert.


What a hit! It is the perfect size for him. Nathan can climb on and off so easily. He has to push the red button on the handle to make it go, but what he's still trying to learn, is that he has to keep it pushed in to keep going. It's so funny because he'll push the button and go forward and then stop, push it again and jerk forward again and stop. Start and stop, start and stop. He doesn't care though, he thinks it's hilarious. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

Our 2nd Christmas together was wonderful. I love my family! Here are a couple of videos of Nathan opening his presents and then showing off his dance moves.

opening a present

dancing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dancing with a star..a family star..tha's you Nate!! How about that little motor bike that cousin Robert and cousin Alexandra gave you..let's take it to the big park on the next pretty day. Nathan you look so cute with your Mommy and Daddy. Otis says he likes to play with you and Cookie the most. Love, Mama and Papa