Monday, December 15, 2008

Nashville Getaway

I know this blog is dedicated mainly to Nathan, but I can have one entry right? Last week, Wayne and I had a mini vacation in Nashville! Wayne had to be there for business Monday and Tuesday, but we flew there Friday night and left Nathan with my parents. Although we both really started to miss Nathan and were ready to get back to see him, we had so much fun!


Downtown Nashville is a blast! There is live music all over the place, and I swear no one ever sleeps! We went out each night, but stayed out one night until 2:00 a.m. and bands were still playing with tons of people still walking around. I can't remember the last time I stayed out so late, but since I knew I could sleep in the next morning and not have to take care of anyone except myself, I took full advantage!


We lucked out and found out that Carrie Underwood was having a concert one of the nights we were there. I love her and have always wanted to see one of her concerts so Wayne got us tickets. It was packed!


We were on row 15 so we had perfect seats!




Inside the auditorium, they had so much good food! We thought we'd have a little snack of hot dogs and nachos before the show and then get dinner afterwards. At one point, I left to go to the restroom and saw a funnel cake stand. I love funnel cakes, so since we were on vacation, I thought, "What the heck, I can't pass this up!" Since it was so crowded, I had to squeeze my way back to my seat (dropping powdered sugar on everyone in the process). When I finally got to my seat, guess what Wayne said? "Ashley, this is a concert, not the fair." We both laughed because as I looked around, I was the only one with a funnel cake and coke (plus the hot dog and nachos I had earlier).


While Wayne was in a meeting Monday afternoon, I ventured out on my own. I saw this crowd and stopped to see what was going on. Although you can't see her in this picture, it's Taylor Swift doing a photo shoot! For those of you who don't know, she's an up and coming star :)
We spent our 5 days relaxing (I had a day at the spa), eating more than we should, staying out late, sleeping in, ordering room service, and then going to two company parties. I really did have so much fun, but I couldn't wait to see my baby! When we got home, Nathan hugged and hugged us both. He was so sweet! I think I came home nice and relaxed, and Mama and Papa went home exhausted...but they loved being with him, and I know he had the best time being spoiled.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny with your food. I love the visual of powdered sugar on everyone!!!