Friday, December 19, 2008

Visiting Auntie Carrie

After Nathan and I visited my sister in Springfield, we headed to Austin to give Auntie Carrie and Uncle Chris a visit. It was a long day of driving for us but Nathan did really well. We took my parents' van to Springfield so when we got back to Dallas, we took a short lunch break, let Nathan run around in the yard while Dad and I transferred all of our bags, and then Nathan and I got on our way to Austin. Nathan was so excited to see his aunt!


And he was excited to see his cousin Otis...although he really wants to have a baby HUMAN cousin soon :)


Otis was such a good sport for letting us dress him up in his Santa outfit for Nathan. He might have felt a little humiliated, but he knew Nate thought it was funny!


"When can I take this silly outfit off?"


Nathan loved watching Uncle Chris make the spaghetti sauce. He kept saying "Hot, hot" and rubbing his hands together.


So after Nathan went to bed, Carrie and I gave each other manicures. Don't my nails look beautiful?! Well, those of you who know me well, know that I don't have great nails like this. They're fake!


Here is Carrie doing her best Vanna White. I'm going to do a little product endorsement: We got these nails at Walmart for $5.00! They glue on, but are temporary (supposed to last 10 days). So they're perfect if you have a special event to go to or just want to have pretty nails for a few days. They are so easy to put on and when you're ready to take them off, they don't damage your nails at all...or at least they didn't damage mine.


Nathan is obsessed with bubbles! Auntie Carrie blew them with him the first night we got there so as soon as Nate woke up the next morning, he grabbed her hand to take her to the back door while saying "bubbles, bubbles."


Mr. Otis had to join in the fun too!


"I can do it all by myself, and Auntie Carrie and Mommy don't care that I keep dripping the bubbles all over me...or lick the wand."


"Time to go for a walk Otis."


Nathan loves holding the leash to take Otis for a walk. I think he feels like a big boy!


We walked around Carrie's neighborhood to look at all of the lights. Plus, Nathan needs to practice holding hands when walking on the sidewalk. If he could have his way, he'd just run up and down!


"Hi Mommy! I'm holding Auntie Carrie's hand like a good little boy!"


"When are we going to get one of these for our yard?"


What a pair!


"I'm ready for school!"
The next morning, on the way out of town, we stopped by Carrie's school to visit her class.


Carrie teaches first grade and has the sweetest class! This is the 2nd time they've met Nathan, and they had so much fun playing with him.




The kids were really good with him, and didn't care that he kept stealing their crayons and books, or tried to sit in their chairs when they got up.

We also brought Auntie Carrie breakfast, and Nathan had his first taste of McDonald's pancakes. Boy were her kids jealous!


A trip to school isn't complete without going to recess! Nathan played outside with Carrie's class before we headed home. It was perfect timing because he was worn out and slept most of the way home!


But before we left, Auntie Carrie had one more surprise for little Nate...a sucker! He had never had one before, but I'm sure this won't be the last time! I guess that's what aunts and grandparents are for...to give them the things their parents don't :) Nathan licked and sucked that sucker and drooled all over himself!


"You're the best Auntie ever!"

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So cute! Otis really missed you two when you left. I loved that last two pics...I'm just a sucker when it comes to my Nate! I saved that sucker for Nate...just waiting for the right time to give it to him. He sure did love it. When I twirled it in his mouth he just laughed...and drooled. That's right...aunties, uncles, and grandparents are supposed to give the kid all of the forbidden things. It's our right. Then it's up to the parents to make sure they eat their veggies!

Love,
Auntie Carrie

P.S. You can get the nails at Target and Walgreens, too :-)
P.

Anonymous said...

I am going to a Christmas party tonight and cannot wait to try the nails!!!