Wednesday, March 12, 2008

7 Months Old!

Yesterday was Nathan's 7 month birthday! He is such a happy baby and is VERY active! Here are some of the new things he's doing: eating ALL fruits and veggies, blowing raspberries, saying "ahhhhhhh" very sweetly, sucking his thumb, yelling "ahhhhhhh" very loudly...especially in public, and laughing all the time! He is also very inquisitive and loves to play with ANYTHING! Oh and his bottom right tooth is coming in! It is now very hard to take his birthday picture by myself. He was constantly grabbing for the cupcake so I had to try to take the picture fast!


Of course, he pulls his hat off!


There's my happy baby! And excuse the ugly paper plate, but since Nathan kept lunging for the cupcake, I was scared it was going to get smeared into the chair.


See what I mean?! That was close!


"Did that worry you Mommy?"


"I think I'll do it again!"


"And I'm not going to look at you even though you're making all sorts of crazy noises. Plus, you forgot the cupcake!"


"Still not looking!"


"Ok, ok, I was just playing with you. Here's your smile!"



And here's a video of Nathan babbling "Dada" after the photo shoot.

We've had a busy week, and it's been so much fun. A couple days ago, Jennifer and I met a friend at the mall who had just had a baby. Our plan was to sit and relax in the food court and talk, but Jack and Nathan got restless so we walked the mall and got our exercise in. Where are the days of sleeping in the stroller?



The mall wore them out!

And then yesterday, we spent the day at Jack's house. Our plan was to go to the McKinney lake to walk around and enjoy the outdoors. But the weather didn't cooperate with us. It was cloudy, windy, and drizzling. Of course the day we spent inside at the mall was beautiful! It always works out that way! We had fun playing inside though.

Mommy and Nathan match!


He looks mischievous!

We're trying to teach him to crawl. He's up on all fours here!


Back to the balls!



And then last night for his birthday dinner, Nathan got to taste prunes for the first time. He LOVED them! Just watch the video to see how desperate he was for the last bite! He has loved every fruit and veggie I've tried with him except for peas...but who likes peas anyway?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Aunt Carrie:

Happy Happy Birthday big boy! I can't believe you are now 7 months old. You are starting to be a little sneaky with that cupcake! I am so proud of you for loving fruits and veggies....especially PRUNES! Aunt Carrie is not a very good veggie lover, but I'm trying to be better. I love you and can't wait to see you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

From Aunt Carrie:

Does someone have some new tennis shoes???? And they velcro, too! So easy for mommy. By the way....I hate peas, too!