Monday, May 31, 2010

3 Weeks Old!

I can't believe today is Charlotte's 3 week birthday! Time is already going by so fast! Our little girl is definitely a GROWING girl! At her two week appointment, she weighed 8 lbs, 2 oz (her birth weight was 6 lbs, 11 oz) and she's 21 inches (she was 20 inches when born). Charlotte fits into this family perfectly because she has a good appetite! I feed her every 2-3 hours during the day, and then at night, I feed her around 11:00 pm and she'll usually sleep until 3:00 or 3:30 am. I feed her again, and she'll sleep until 6:30 am. So far, this is working out well because I feel like I'm getting somewhat good sleep and I'm able to feed Charlotte and get her back to sleep before Nathan wakes up at 7:00 am. Even though I say I'm getting "good" sleep, I'm actually starting to feel exhausted :) What's hard is that Nathan has SO much energy, and he's not sympathetic to the fact that Mommy is tired.

So far the adjustment from 1 to 2 kids hasn't been too bad...it's been challenging at times though. Charlotte is getting to the stage where she is awake more, and when she's awake it seems like she's content to lay there looking around for about 5 minutes and then she either wants to be held or eat. So it's a juggling act to take care of her but also be able to do things for Nathan at the same time. I've been lucky with Nathan's attitude towards Charlotte. He ADORES her. He wants to be with her all the time. It is so sweet how much he really does care for her. As soon as he wakes up, he says, "Let's go see Baby Charlotte." Nathan also loves for me to let Charlotte lay down with him before he takes his nap. He puts his little arm around her and just looks at her. I was so worried, he would be jealous of her or feel neglected when she came, but so far Charlotte's the best toy ever!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just checked out your blog the morning and read the entry about how Charlotte is doing. Gosh she growing! Go Mama! I'm glad she is sleeping well and that you are getting some stretches of sleep too. And it sounds like Nathan is adjusting well - I'm so glad! When the girls are bigger I can't wait to see them together and meet Miss Charlotte!