Sunday, May 9, 2010

38 Weeks Pregnant!

The time has finally come! I check into the hospital tonight at 10:00 p.m. where they are going to give me some medicine around midnight to get me ready to be induced first thing in the morning. My doctor thinks I'll go into labor easily and that the delivery will be fairly easy like it was with Nathan. His prediction is that Charlotte should be here around 1:00 or 2:00 pm Monday afternoon! I just can't believe it!

Nathan acts like he is really excited and has been "playing" with Baby Charlotte a lot lately. He'll pretend like he has her in his hands and will tell me he's carrying her around and give her kisses. Sometimes she watches cartoons with him :) Normally he only plays sweetly with her but the other day, he got a little carried away :) My parents were over at our house eating dinner, and Nathan had his little hands cupped and came over to the table saying "Look everyone, I have Baby Charlotte." We all pretended to give her kisses and then he carried her away. All of a sudden Nathan says, "Ooops! I dropped Baby Charlotte on the floor!" And after that, a few more accidents have happened: Baby Charlotte has been run over by Thomas the Train, and has fallen off the couch a few times. Hopefully once he sees that she is a real baby, he'll be the protective big brother :)

Here are my last "pregnant" pictures! If you don't want to see my bare belly, don't go to the end! It's pretty shocking, but I want to remember how I looked :)





"Mommy's tummy is HUGE!"

And what's wild is that I think my stomach is bigger this time than with Nathan, but my doctor estimates that Charlotte will weigh 61/2 or 7 lbs, and Nathan weighed 8 lbs! Although I feel like I'm carrying a huge beach ball around, I have loved every minute of being pregnant and will miss feeling Charlotte rolling around inside. But I can't wait to see and hold her!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

LOVE!!!!! You absolutely have the cutest baby belly I have ever seen! I love that you are all belly! I hope I'm half that cute when I'm pregnant. Love you!!!!!