Thursday, May 8, 2008

Owen's Farm and Petting Zoo

Today Nathan and I met some friends at the Owen's Spring Creek Farm. It was quite an experience! They had tons of animals to look at: goats, donkeys, horses, chickens, and more. Nathan loved it!



Nathan was so excited to be at the farm with all of his little friends. I could hardly keep him in his stroller because he kept trying to get a better view.

Nathan and Mommy

Nathan holding hands with Kate. How sweet!


Jack, Nathan (ready to go see the sights), Kate, Marla and Kelly, and Brock.

You would have thought these goats were starved for food! We got a cup of goat food and as soon as I put my hand out, they charged forward...I swear they could have knocked this fence down!

The little baby goats were a little calmer.

Jack was such a big boy! He held the cup all by himself to feed the goats.

"Mommy, can he be my pet?" At one point, Nathan put his hand in the cup for a snack! I'm trying to make myself believe that he didn't actually eat it, but I did see a few oats on his face. I guess he figured if it was good enough for the goats, it was good enough for him :)


Does this really need any explanation?

After feeding the goat mob, we went on a hayride!

"What kind of chair is this?"


Nate loved the ride! He stood up most of the time to look out.


Mommy, Nathan, Jack, and Jennifer

Here's a group shot of all of us. Luckily we got to have the tractor all to ourselves!

Nathan and Jack looking at the turkeys and chickens.



After our trip to the farm, we headed to Jason's Deli for lunch. Nathan took a quick power nap on the way, but was wide eyed at the table!


And Kelly had her very own ice cream cone for dessert. Look how daintily she is holding her cone. What good manners!

Now Nathan is wiped out and is taking his nap. So far, he's been asleep for 1 1/2 hours!

No comments: