Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Swim Lessons

Today was our last day of swim lessons so Daddy came to watch us and take pictures. He had a busy morning at work but was able to rearrange some things so he could see his baby swim like a fish...well, kind of.


"This water gets colder and colder every time!"


This is called the Monkey Crawl. Nathan is supposed to hold himself up and walk himself along the wall. He hasn't quite gotten the concept down yet. He usually just pulls up on the wall to see whoever is on the other side, but he's learning.


Nathan is about to jump in! He will usually lean over to me after I count to 3 and fall in on his own. He goes all the way under and doesn't mind it at all!


Yay Nathan! Oh and at each lesson, Nate gets to pick out a rubber toy to play with in the pool. I swear this is what he looks most forward to. He gets a different one each time and does not want to let it go!


Floating on his back is something that he's not all that fond of. Some days he likes it, other days he cries. He actually did pretty good today.


And then, he got to float on a noodle!


Each class has a different prop to use. Monday was life jacket day which was not a happy 10 minutes! Mr. Nathan likes to be free!


Poor baby was sad to leave the pool.


"Were you proud of me Daddy? Didn't I do good?!"

Our lessons were a lot of fun and now I feel so much more comfortable with going swimming and knowing what to teach him. I'm actually going to miss going to swim class because those two days were always the days that I never had to really get ready. What's the point if you're going to get wet. And by the time we get home, the day is half over so why get ready then?

And here are a few videos that Wayne took:





1 comment:

Carrie said...

OH MY GOSH.....I LOVED the videos! Nate, I am so proud of you. I can't wait to take you swimming this year....and Uncle Chris is going to buy you lots of fun swim toys for you to play with. We'll tell him to get you a cute floatie, too! You are the cutest thing ever! Don't you love that your mommy was the prettiest mommy there???? And Ash, what did you mean Wayne doesn't take good pictures??? I thought he did a good job! :-)